Alpinestars BNS Neck Support Features:
Engineered to help prevent neck injury and minimize the risk of collateral damage, the Bionic Neck Support (BNS) Tech Carbon is constructed from an advanced carbon polymer for optimized frame strength and lightweight performance. The BNS Tech Carbon functions when the rider’s helmet makes contact with the frame at the moment of a crash, thus providing a clean, solid surface which instantly channels damaging, compressive impact energy away from the neck and on to the BNS. Featuring a host of award-winning design innovations, such as a quick release locking system and a rear stabilizer offering critical protection to the spine, the BNS Tech affords a highly customizable, secure and comfortable fit for all forms of off-road riding.
• The BNS Tech is constructed from an advanced, high-performance carbon polymer compound to offer optimized structural integrity and frame strength. BNS Tech provides heavy impact energy diversion capabilities in the event of a crash.
• Crucial weight-savings: BNS Tech is 40% lighter than current neck brace versions. The XS/S/M weighs 735 grams.
• Extreme temperature resilience: BNS Tech performs at temperatures as low as -4°F (-20°C).
• Frame Construction: Evolution of BNS shaping to promote improved contact with helmet during impact - including rear support edge that fits closer to the body, extra width to account for different helmet sizes and raised chest to avoid hyper-flexion injuries.
• Quick-release locking: innovative auto-locking BNS closure system for rapid and efficient fitting/removal, which offers highly secure and convenient attachment which can also be quickly opened in case of emergency.
• Pivot Key: New ergonomically designed pivot key located at the rear on BNS allows for convenient dismantling.
• Padding system: All parts in contact with the body use a compressed EVA foam compound to distribute the impact force over the widest area, yet remain lightweight. A main frame member runs over the shoulders and eliminates weak points in a critical part of the frame to ensure the most efficient load transfer. This minimizes risk of injury and well as offering excellent levels of comfort.
• The Bionic Neck Support (BNS) is an advanced protection device for use primarily in MX and off-road riding. It functions by diverting the impact energies that compress the neck in the event of a crash. When the helmet is in contact with the BNS at the moment of impact the overall load passing through the neck can be reduced, which may prevent a fracture or muscular injuries. The BNS is designed to help prevent catastrophic neck injury and minimize the risk of collateral damage as the impact load is channeled away from the neck.
• Strap System: BNS supplied with the X-Strap System which allows a small, light strap worn over or under the jersey to secure the device to the rider.
• The BNS Tech incorporates a bio-organic engineering design for superb anatomical performance.
• Rear Stabilizer: developed to promote PFR (progressive force relief) and dissipate extreme energy loads by transmitting them across the back and shoulders.
• Stabilizer pads are designed to transfer impact stress loads away from spine (thoracic vertebrae).
FIT AND CUSTOMIZATION
• Correct fitment is critical to ensuring the most effective protection possible and riders should choose the equipment that is best suited to their body.
• The BNS Tech is designed to provide a highly customizable, secure and personalized fit.
• SAS (size adapter system) provides adjustable and versatile BNS fitment in size ranges XS-M and L-XL.
• Lycra-laminated foam padding kits: adaptable and interchangeable EVA foam pads (6mm and 10mm) for rear, front and shoulders allow fine-tuning adjustment of BNS to rider's specific needs. It also aids compatibility with other body protection systems.